Rome is a beautiful place to spend your vacation whether for the whole family or just you and your other half. It is a place that is rich in culture and with many warm and friendly natives awaiting you, you will definitely have a splendid time if you choose to make it your next vacation spot. To help you make the decision of whether to go to Rome on vacation or not here are some things you can do while there;
- Visit the Vatican City. You could say that this city is almost like another state by itself. It is one of the most visited places in Rome and is home to the Papacy. Here you will find a lot to see where the Catholic Church and its history are concerned as well as countless beautiful pieces of Catholic Art.
- Visit the Pantheon; a historical Roman site where time seems to have stopped.
- Take a walk along the Forum. This also has a deep historical background and its setting has remained pretty much undisturbed giving you that ancient Rome feeling as you walk through.
- Visit the Colosseum. This is where gladiators had their fighting matches which you will find in a pretty untouched state.
- Ensure you eat a Roman meal. Get your fair share of authentic Roman cuisine even if just for one meal out of your entire trip. You can take along a flex belt just in case you find you love the food too much. Here is a flex belt coupon that could come in handy prior to your trip.
- Do some shopping. Many times when we go on vacation we only purchase little nick knacks to take back home as souvenirs. When you are in Rome break this tradition and purchase some fresh fruits and vegetables that are native to Rome. Purchase clothing items and other things that will help you live the Roman lifestyle. You will find this to be a very scintillating activity.
- Rent a moped for moving around the city. This is a great way for you to check out Rome at your own pace and leisure and a great way to take part in core Roman activities.